Financial information

The financial status of Paraloan

Current loans

As of the financial year ending June 2016, Paraloan had funds of  just over $6.1 million invested in 95 loans to people with physical disabilities.

 

$22 million has been lent out during the 43 years of the Foundation's existence.

 

Approximately 90% of loans are housing related, with the remainder being spread amongst motor vehicles, self-employment, debt repayment and miscellaneous loans (eg wheelchairs, household goods etc). 

 

Income

Over the last ten years, approximately 53% of Paraloan's income came from instalment payments from existing loans, fundamentally interest charged on loans. The remaining 47% came from grants, donations and bequests.

 

Some income is derived from short-term investment, which varies from time to time.

 

Annual report

A copy of the June 2016 Annual Performance Report is available for download.

Paraloan 43rd Annual Report.pdf

 

See also

Contact us

www.paraloan.org.nz